Art-Net 4 is an award-winning data distribution protocol that allows DMX512 and RDM lighting data to be transported over an ethernet network.
Art-Net is owned and copyright by Artistic Licence Holdings Ltd. Artistic Licence has published the specification and made it available for anyone to use on a royalty-free basis, subject to certain conditions. For more details, please refer to the Art-Net website.
Artistic Licence offers a range of Art-Net enabled products. Our best-sellers are gateways that provide conversion of Art-Net and sACN to DMX512/RDM or DALI. These can be used alongside our free DMX-Workshop software for multi-functional management, analysis, configuration and diagnostics of lighting networks.
While many other companies design and sell Art-Net enabled products, the implementation of the protocol varies greatly...
Why choose an Artistic Licence gateway?
- Native implementation of Art-Net 4, giving access to powerful features not offered in earlier releases (but fully backwards compatible with versions 1-3)
- Achieve an order of magnitude increase in processing power compared to older generation products
- Easy handling of networks with congested broadcast data
- Outputs protected from accidental electrocution by any international mains voltage
- Pre- and after-sales advice, service and technical back-up from the team that invented Art-Net
- Artistic Licence customers can download a free copy of DMX-workshop (see above), our multi-functional management, analysis, configuration and diagnostics tool for Art-Net networks
Gateway feature comparison table
[pdf-embedder url="https://artisticlicence.com/WebSiteMaster/Datasheets/Gateway%20comparison%20table.pdf" title="Gateway comparison table"]