This application note provides information on how to set the IP address of a Windows PC.
Our gateway products, which include artLynx uno, artLynx duo, artLynx quad, artLynx RJ45, netLynx quad, rackLynx octo and dataLynx II all have a factory reset switch. To reset to factory defaults, hold down the switch and cycle the power. Once you have reset to the factory default, the IP address will change. See Gateway: Finding the IP Address of a product.
The IP address of legacy Artistic Licence network products can be reset to factory default using the front panel controls as described below:
IP reset procedure (legacy products)
A: Set Sub-Net wheel and both Universe wheels to F, power off, power on.
B: Set Sub-Net wheel to 9, power off, power on, power off, set Sub-Net wheel to F, power on.
|Product||IP reset procedure|
|Multichrome E1 & E2||A|
DMX-Workshop is our free-of-charge Windows application for monitoring and configuring Art-Net devices. The software requires Administrator permission to run. The installer for DMX-Workshop will attempt to auto-enable this for you, but it may fail depending on the configuration of your PC and your security settings.
To achieve manually, right-click the DMX-Workshop icon and select ‘run as administrator’. The right-click menu also accesses the properties dialogue which allows you to select DMX-Workshop to always run as administrator.
There are three methods for finding the IP address of an Art-Net product:
- Connect using DMX-Workshop, this will display the product in a network list along with its IP address. DMX-Workshop can be downloaded from here. DMX-Workshop provides a gateway recovery system that uses the RDMnet – LLRP protocol. This allows a gateway to be recovered even when it is on a totally different IP range to DMX-Workshop. The LSI article HelpDesk17-Low-level-recovery-Oct2018 explains this in more detail.
- Ping: Open a command line window and use the ping command. If the products are on the normal Art-Net address range, type: “ping 220.127.116.11”. This approach is best on a Mac as Macs do not support net-bios.
- Perform a net-bios search (Windows only). To do this, connect the product to your laptop’s network, open browser and type in the net-bios name of the product you are using (see below). Occasionally the net-bios cache in the browser gets out of date. To flush the cache and restart, type “nbtstat -R” in the browser window.
Current Products (product code – net-bios name)
- oemGate quad – oemGatequad
- rackLynx octo – rackLynx
- daliGate quad – daliGatequad
- netLynx quad – netLynxquad
- dataLynx II – dataLynxII
- artLynx duo – artLynxduo
- artLynx quad – artLynxquad
- artLynx RJ45 – artLynxRJ45
- versaSplit EthB – VersaEtherB
Legacy Products (product code – net-bios name)
- Data-Lynx O/P – DATALYNXOP
- Data-Lynx I/P – DATALYNXIP
- Data-Lynx I/OP – DATALYNXIO
- Down-Lynx – DownLynx
- Up-Lynx – UpLynx
- Net-Lynx O/P – NetLynxOp
- Net-Lynx I/P – NetLynxIp
- Cata-Lynx I/P – CataLynxIp
- Cata-Lynx O/P – CataLynxOp
- Ether-Lynx II – EtherLynxII
- Art-Lynx O/P – ArtLynxOp
- Art-Lynx I/P – ArtLynxIp
- Art-Pipe – ArtPipe
- Art-Relay – ArtRelay
- Multichrome E2 – E2MultiChrome
- Eaton / Cooper Controls EN2RDM – EN2RDM
- Eaton / Cooper Controls EN8RDM – EN8RDM
- Thorn SensaDMX – SENSAEDMX
- Lex Products LexNet – LEXNET