DIN Rail mount product for converting one circuit of DALI to DMX. Supports DALI DT0 (intensity).
43 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
DALItoDMX converts a circuit of DALI (DT0 - intensity) into DMX512. It is designed for environments that require integration between the two protocols. Currently DT8 (colour) is not supported. (For conversion of DMX into DALI, please see the sister product, DMXtoDALI quad).
In its default mode of operation (Device Mode), DALItoDMX enables an existing DALI controller to control DMX fixtures. It does this by simulating virtual DALI devices, each of which controls a single DMX channel.
The virtual DALI devices act in the same manner as normal DALI devices and respond to DALI commands. Supported features include:
- Group Assignment
- Scene Store and Recall
- Power On Level
- Emergency Level
- Direct Arc Values
- Step Up / Step Down Commands
- Fade Time
Note that the virtual DALI devices should be commissioned with a short address (this requires a commissioning tool such as Commissioner dali). If no commissioning of the virtual DALI devices is undertaken, only broadcast DALI will work. This can be useful during the installation phase prior to commissioning to check for system response.
The product offers a DIP switch configuration option for dimming curve translation (so DMX fixtures can be used alongside DALI devices).
It is also possible to select an alternative mode of operation (Trigger Mode), which allows a DALI controller to trigger a DMX system such as a show recorder/playback unit.
Every DALI circuit must have a DALI Bus PSU for the system to work. We recommend the Rail-PSU-D4.
Please note that this is in addition to the PSU required to power the DALItoDMX . Suitable choices include PSU-9-1.5-FER and PSU-24-2-FER (see the full range here).
- DALI to DMX512 conversion (1 circuit)
- Simulates 1, 4, 16 or 64 virtual DALI devices
- Works 'out-of-the-box' for broadcast DALI
- DIP switch basic configuration
- Commission & configure using Dali-Scope for more options
- Broadcast, Group, Device & Scene addressing modes supported
- DALI commands supported
- Optional dimming curve translation & fade times
- Trigger mode (used to convert DALI to DMX values)
- DIN rail mount
- Surface mount
- Input Voltage: 9-24 VDC
- Power: 10 W
- Protocols: DALI (DT0 intensity), DMX512
- Listing: CE
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Height: 90mm
- Width: 88mm (5M)
- Depth: 62mm
- Net Mass: 0.20 kg
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK