daliGate quad is an Art-Net 4 enabled DIN rail ethernet-to-DALI gateway.
- Art-Net (all versions) or sACN input
- 4 DALI output circuits
daliGate quad seamlessly integrates DALI with Art-Net/DMX/RDM. In practice, it enables any Art-Net enabled console to control DALI fixtures alongside DMX/RDM infrastructure. No need for proprietary technology or specialist engineers!
daliGate quad is DIN rail product with Art-Net/sACN on the input and four DALI outputs. It can be used in two distinct ways – streaming and command – which are described in detail below.
In command mode, daliGate quad can be used with our free daliScene app to remotely control scenes from a tablet or smartphone.
daliGate quad is an ethernet-to-DALI interface providing four DALI circuits. It supports Art-Net 4 and sACN.
Configuration is via the internal web-browser or DMX-Workshop (free-of-charge software available from Artistic Licence). DHCP enables automatic IP addressing; static IP and LLRP negotiation are also supported.
All four DALI circuits are individually optically isolated.
A factory reset switch enables the default settings to be restored – simply hold down and cycle the power. Alternatively, a single press of this button sends a ‘squawk’ message over the network to the console. This enables easy physical location of the gateway.
The product is powered by PoE or an external DC power supply (we recommend PSU-24-0.75-FER).
daliGate quad can be used in two distinct ways, both of which are ground-breaking:
Mode 1: Streaming
This mode is useful for any application where both DMX and DALI are needed.
- Use daliGate quad with an Art-Net capable lighting desk to directly control DALI gear alongside DMX fixtures.
- All DALI back channel data (such as lamp failure, product capability) is converted to RDM and returned over Art-Net so that the lighting desk can view and change the settings.
- Broadcast, group and channel addressing can be used at same time to increase flexibility.
- daliGate quad has a data capture system built in, allowing it to be used as a test and analysis tool in combination with DMX-Workshop (our free software package).
Mode 2: Scene
This mode is useful for applications that require remote control of scenes, such as corporate foyers or meeting rooms, retail, high-end residential, schools, museums and visitor centres.
daliGate quad overview at PLASA London 2021
- DALI routing by ethernet (Art-Net or sACN)
- 4 optically isolated DALI ports
- 10/100BaseT RJ45 port with auto-negotiation
- DHCP or static IP or LLRP negotiation
- Factory reset and Squawk button
- Power, network & data activity indicators
- 9-48 VDC or PoE (IEEE 802.3af – 2003)
- Configurable using internal web-browser or DMX-Workshop
- Data capture for test/analysis (when used with DMX-Workshop)
- Advanced diagnostics and packet sniffers for remote debugging of installations
- Listing: CE
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- DC Power: 2.5W quiescent
- PoE Power: Negotiates Class 2 (3.84W – 6.49W)
- Input Voltage: 12-48 VDC
- Width: 88 mm (5M)
- Height: 90 mm
- Depth: 62 mm
- Connection: RJ45 and removable screw terminal
- Ethernet port: Isolated to 1kV
- ESD protection: 15 kV
- Net Mass: 0.15 kg
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK
- User Guide
- Application Notes
- daliGate video
- Certificate of Origin
- Declaration of Conformity
- CAD file (dxf)
- CAD file (dwg)
- daliGate quad used with Rail-PSU-D4 Visio drawing file