** NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH – now in stock**
daliGate quad is an Art-Net 4 enabled DIN rail ethernet-to-DALI gateway.
- Art-Net (all versions) or sACN input
- 4 DALI output circuits
16 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
2018 PLASA Innovation Awards presentation
daliGate quad seamlessly integrates DALI with Art-Net/DMX/RDM. In practice, it enables any Art-Net enabled console to control DALI fixtures alongside DMX/RDM infrastructure. No need for proprietary technology or specialist engineers!
daliGate quad is DIN rail product with Art-Net/sACN on the input and four DALI outputs. It can be used in two distinct ways – streaming and command – which are described in detail below.
In command mode, daliGate quad can be used with our free daliScene app to remotely control scenes from a tablet or smartphone.
daliGate quad is an ethernet-to-DALI interface providing four DALI circuits. It supports Art-Net 4 and sACN.
Configuration is via the internal web-browser or DMX-Workshop (free-of-charge software available from Artistic Licence). DHCP enables automatic IP addressing; static IP and LLRP negotiation are also supported.
All four DALI circuits are individually optically isolated.
A factory reset switch enables the default settings to be restored - simply hold down and cycle the power. Alternatively, a single press of this button sends a ‘squawk’ message over the network to the console. This enables easy physical location of the gateway.
The product is powered by PoE or an external DC power supply (we recommend PSU-9-1.5-FER).
daliGate quad can be used in two distinct ways, both of which are ground-breaking:
Mode 1: Streaming
This mode is useful for any application where both DMX and DALI are needed.
- Use daliGate quad with an Art-Net capable lighting desk to directly control DALI gear alongside DMX fixtures.
- All DALI back channel data (such as lamp failure, product capability) is converted to RDM and returned over Art-Net so that the lighting desk can view and change the settings.
- Broadcast, group and channel addressing can be used at same time to increase flexibility.
- daliGate quad has a data capture system built in, allowing it to be used as a test and analysis tool in combination with DMX-Workshop (our free software package).
Mode 2: Scene
This mode is useful for applications that require remote control of scenes, such as corporate foyers or meeting rooms, retail, high-end residential, schools, museums and visitor centres.
The remote control interface is provided by daliScene, a free app that we have developed for controlling DALI scene playback. It is currently available for Android with the iOS version to be launched soon. (Also, there are various OSC apps from other developers that can be used).
daliScene sends DALI scene playback commands (using Art-Osc) over a network. The network can be wired or wireless.
daliGate quad responds to these messages and translates them to the physical DALI circuits. This provides multi-circuit DALI playback controlled by a phone or tablet. The significance is that daliGate quad operates as a gateway between a wi-fi access point and up to four DALI circuits.
- DALI routing by ethernet (Art-Net or sACN)
- 4 optically isolated DALI ports
- 10/100BaseT RJ45 port with auto-negotiation
- DHCP or static IP or LLRP negotiation
- Factory reset and Squawk button
- Power, network & data activity indicators
- 9-48 VDC or PoE (IEEE 802.3af - 2003)
- Configurable using internal web-browser or DMX-Workshop
- daliScene app enables remote control of scenes
- Data capture for test/analysis (when used with DMX-Workshop)
- Advanced diagnostics and packet sniffers for remote debugging of installations
- Listing: CE
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 2W
- Input Voltage: 9-48 VDC
- Width: 88 mm
- Height: 90 mm
- Depth: 62 mm
- Connection: RJ45 and removable screw terminal
- Ethernet port: Isolated to 1kV
- ESD protection: 15 kV
- Net Mass: 0.15 kg
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK