£795.00 – £1,455.00
dataLynx II™ is a 1U 19″ rack mount Ethernet to DMX512 converter. It converts 12 universes of Art-Net (supports all versions up to Art-Net 4) or sACN ethernet into DMX512. RDM is supported when used with Art-Net. The product features 12 DMX512/RDM outputs, using front mounted Neutrik connectors: a choice of XLR 3-pin, 5-pin or 8-pin (Ethercon) connectors is offered. The product is available with standard or extreme levels of electrical protection (see Detail below).
dataLynx II™ is a 1U 19" rack mount Ethernet to DMX512 converter. It converts 12 universes of Art-Net or sACN ethernet into DMX512. RDM is supported when used with Art-Net.
dataLynx II replaces Data-Lynx O/P, which is being discontinued. The advantages of dataLynx II are significant.
- dataLynx II provides a native implementation of the award-winning Art-Net 4 protocol (with full backward compatibility), allowing users to access sophisticated new functionality – for example, you can choose sACN rather than Art-Net for the live control data, and still benefit from Art-Net’s discovery, network management and RDM tools.
- At the heart of the product, powerful new chip technology allows effortless operation on networks with congested broadcast data.
- All outputs are protected from accidental electrocution by any international mains voltage (including UK 3-phase, 415 VAC continuous connection). The electrical protection is 'self-healing', so the product can continue to be used.
- A convenient button on the front panel of the product provides a quick and easy way to restore the factory default settings (hold down and cycle power). A single press of this button causes the product to emit a 'squawk' - a message over the network that enables the console operator to easily identify the physical location of the dataLynx II.
The product features 12 DMX512/RDM outputs, using front mounted Neutrik connectors: a choice of XLR 3-pin, 5-pin or 8-pin (Ethercon) connectors is offered.
Network connectivity is achieved using the Ethercon RJ45 connector on the front panel. Configuration is achieved over the network using the internal web-server or DMX-Workshop. DHCP is supported for automatic IP address allocation. The product is powered via a standard IEC connector located on the rear of the unit.
dataLynx II extreme offers all the features of the standard product. The extreme model additionally provides surge protection. This feature is aimed at protecting the product and connected equipment against voltage surges of the type generated by lightning. The protection is sacrificial which means that after a certain number of protection events, the protection circuitry will be destroyed (see the datasheet).
dataLynx II is an ideal solution for the sort of harsh environments that may be encountered in live touring, or permanent installations such as bridges or towers.
- 10/100BaseT RJ45 (Ethercon) input
- 12 DMX512 ports, compatible with all variants of DMX, including DMX512-A
- Art-Net 4 & sACN compatible
- Support for RDM V1.0 (E1.20 - 2010 ESTA Standard) when used with Art-Net
- Power & Ethernet LED indicators
- DMX port LED indicators
- Default IP address 2.x.y.z
- Configurable using internal web-browser or DMX-Workshop
- DHCP supported
- IEC power connector
- Listing: CE, WEEE, RoHS
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 30W
- Input Voltage: 90-250 VAC
- Height: 1U, Depth: 150mm
- Width: 19" Rack
- Ethernet connections: RJ45 x 1 (Ethercon)
- Mains Connection: IEC
- Isolation Ethernet port: 1 kV
- Isolation DMX Outputs: Ground Referenced
- Output ESD protection: 15 kV
- Electrocution protection: 425 VAC continuous connection (self-healing)
- Surge protection (dataLynx II extreme model only): Max IDC 30,000A (8/20uS) sacrificial (1 operation)
- DMX512 or DMX512-A compatible
- Net Mass: 3.40 kg
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK