£795.00 – £1,295.00
dataLynx II™ is a 19″ rack mount ethernet-to-DMX512 or DMX512-to-ethernet gateway. It converts 12 universes of Art-Net (supports all versions up to Art-Net 4) or sACN ethernet into DMX512/RDM. The ports are bidirectional and can also convert DMX to Art-Net/sACN. Other protocol support includes RDMnet LLRP. The product features front mounted Neutrik connectors – Ethercon for the network, plus 12 DMX ports with XLR5 connectors as standard (optionally XLR3 or XLR8 are available). The XLR5 models can be ordered with an SFP input slot if desired. Models with extreme levels of electrical protection are also offered (see Detail below).
dataLynx II™ is a 19" rack mount ethernet-to-DMX512 or DMX512-to-ethernet gateway. It converts 12 universes of Art-Net (supports all versions up to Art-Net 4) or sACN ethernet into DMX512/RDM. The ports are bidirectional and can also convert DMX to Art-Net/sACN.
dataLynx II replaces Data-Lynx O/P, which has been discontinued. The advantages of dataLynx II are significant.
- dataLynx II provides a native implementation of the award-winning Art-Net 4 protocol (with full backward compatibility), allowing users to access sophisticated new functionality – for example, you can choose sACN rather than Art-Net for the live control data, and still benefit from Art-Net’s discovery, network management and RDM tools.
- At the heart of the product, powerful new chip technology allows effortless operation on networks with congested broadcast data.
- All outputs are protected from accidental electrocution by any international mains voltage (including UK 3-phase, 415 VAC continuous connection). The electrical protection is 'self-healing', so the product can continue to be used.
- A convenient button on the front panel of the product provides a quick and easy way to restore the factory default settings (hold down and cycle power). A single press of this button causes the product to emit a 'squawk' - a message over the network that enables the console operator to easily identify the physical location of the dataLynx II.
- dataLynx II supports RDM Integrity, a software package used to test both native RDM and RDM over Art-Net.
The product features 12 bidirectional DMX512/RDM ports, using front mounted Neutrik connectors: a choice of XLR 3-pin, 5-pin or 8-pin (Ethercon) connectors is offered.
Network connectivity is achieved using the Ethercon RJ45 connector on the front panel. Configuration is achieved over the network using the internal web-server or DMX-Workshop. DHCP enables automatic IP addressing; static IP and LLRP negotiation are also supported. The product is powered via a standard IEC connector located on the rear of the unit.
SFP input slot
dataLynx II xlr5 can be optionally ordered with an input slot that accepts an SFP module, allowing gigabit connections. Please note that the SFP module is not included.
dataLynx II extreme offers all the features of the standard product. The extreme model additionally provides surge protection. This feature is aimed at protecting the product and connected equipment against voltage surges of the type generated by lightning. The protection is sacrificial which means that after a certain number of protection events, the protection circuitry will be destroyed (see the datasheet).
dataLynx II extreme is an ideal solution for the sort of harsh environments that may be encountered in live touring, or permanent installations such as bridges or towers.
- 10/100BaseT RJ45 (Ethercon) network connection
- Optional SFP input slot
- 12 bidirectional DMX512 ports, compatible with all variants of DMX, including DMX512-A
- Art-Net 4 & sACN compatible
- RDM V1.0 (E1.20 - 2010) supported
- Power & Ethernet LED indicators
- DMX port LED indicators
- Default IP address 2.x.y.z
- Configurable using internal web-browser or DMX-Workshop
- DHCP or static IP or LLRP negotiation
- Failsafe mode - playback scene on loss of network
- Supports RDM Integrity
- IEC power connector (UL approved PSU)
- Standard and extreme models feature protected outputs (can withstand any international mains voltage)
- extreme model additionally features electrical surge protection
- Listing: CE, WEEE, RoHS
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 30W
- Input Voltage: 90-250 VAC
- Height: 1U, Depth: 150mm
- Width: 19" Rack
- Ethernet connections: RJ45 x 1 (Ethercon)
- Mains Connection: IEC
- Isolation Ethernet port: 1 kV
- Isolation DMX ports: Ground Referenced
- Output ESD protection: 15 kV
- Electrocution protection: 425 VAC continuous connection (self-healing)
- Surge protection (dataLynx II extreme model only): Max IDC 30,000A (8/20uS) sacrificial (1 operation)
- Net Mass: 3.40 kg
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK