A sophisticated DMX512/RDM tester built into an XLR connector.
21 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
nanoScope is a small battery powered tester for DMX512 and RDM. It is built into a 5-pin XLR connector with a translucent plastic case. nanoScope lights up in different colours to express its findings.
Two modes of operation exist, selected by a recessed slide switch which also doubles as the power switch.
In ‘Pixel Mode’, nanoScope simply displays the first three DMX channels as an RGB mix. This allows nanoScope to be used as a pixel mimic to provide confidence that the expected data is on the cable.
A flick of the switch selects ‘Analysis Mode’. nanoScope displays a sequence of coloured blips, that represent different attributes of the DMX512 signal. The sequence comprises one long blip followed by a train of short blips.
The long blip will be either green or red to indicate overall good or bad data respectively. The train of short blips can contain:
- Orange: Break Length out of range, less than 88µS (an error)
- Magenta: Mark After Break (MaB), less than 8µS (an error)
- Yellow: Framing error (an error but does occur legitimately during RDM discovery)
- Red: RDM data format wrong (an error)
- Pink: Packet too long, contains more than 512 channels (an error)
- Cyan: Less than 512 channels in data (informational)
- Warm White: Non-Zero start codes (excluding RDM) detected (usually informational but can be an error)
- Green: RDM detected in data (informational)
- Mint: RDM draft detected in data (informational)
- UV Blue: RDM responses detected (informational)
- Ice Blue: DMX Test Packets detected (informational)
- Small form factor
- Colour coded display
- Battery powered
- Pixel mimic
- Listing: CE
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Height: 38 mm
- Width: 20 mm
- Depth: 135 mm
- Net Mass: 0.06 kg
- Signal Connection: XLR5
- Power Source: 2 x AAA battery
- Battery Life: Continuous operation: 48 hours; Standby: 380 hours
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Application Notes
- Certificate of Origin
- Declaration of Conformity