**NEW PRODUCT** Single input, 8-output DMX512 optosplitter / data-fixer with RDM support. 1RU 19″ rack mount and ultraslim 50mm profile. Neutrik XLR5 connectors. Transient protected outputs and optically isolated input.
8 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
rackSplit octo is an 8-output DMX/RDM optosplitter /data-fixer with Neutrik XLR5 connectors. It is designed to sit in a 1U slot in a 19″ rack, with the added bonus that is is only 50mm deep. The slim profile of the metal case means that the product is great for space-saving on wall mounted overhead racks. Alternatively, in touring applications, doubled-sided racks can be packed with two splitters per 1U slot, facing front and back.
rackSplit octo has electrical (transient) protection on the outputs, which guards against both static electricity and LED power supply faults or mis-wires. The input is optically isolated from the outputs and mains earth.
The product features a ‘data-fix’ mode, designed for problematic situations where poorly designed fixtures or intra-manufacturer compatibility issues may be causing flicker. In data-fix mode, the product discards all RDM and other specialist data packets. It also adjusts the DMX timing to values that are likely to be acceptable to fixtures that do not fully comply with the DMX standard.
Detailed fix mode specification:
- Automatic timing correction for DMX512.
- Accepts breaks from 56µS to 1000µS
- Accepts MaB from 5µS to 1000µS
- Accepts MbB from 0µS to 1000µS
- Accepts channel count from 1-512
- Accepts refresh from 23mS to 1000mS
- Filters out consecutive breaks
- Re-times bytes with 1 stop bit to 2 stop bits
- Generates DMX with fixed timing parameters: Refresh = 33Hz, Brk=250µS, MaB=30µS, P=30mS, C=512, MbB=30µS
- Filters out all Non-Zero Start Codes
Rack-mount splitters overview at PLASA London 2021
- DMX/RDM optosplitter / data-fixer
- 8 outputs, transient protected
- Optically isolated input
- 1U 19” rack mount
- Ultraslim 50mm profile
- Data Fix mode
- – RDM filter
- – DMX timing correction
- Neutrik XLR5 connectors
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Operating voltage: 94-230 VAC +/- 10%
- Operating frequency: 47-63 Hz
- Width: 19″
- Height: 1U
- Depth: 50 mm
- Net Mass: 820g
- Data connectors: Neutrik XLR5
- Output transient protection
- Input optically isolated
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK
- User Guide
- Application Notes
- Certificate of Origin
- Declaration of Conformity
- CAD file (dxf)
- CAD file (dwg)