Our top-of-the-range DIN rail splitter. Rail-Split extreme is an upgraded version of Rail-Split RDM II, optimised for harsh conditions and use in electrically noisy environments.
It is a 1-in-to-6-out DMX512 splitter with support for RDM and a fix mode which filters non-standard data and fixes timing errors. Isolated input. DIN rail enclosure with screw terminal connectors.
Rail-Split extreme additionally provides surge protection on the input, loop and outputs, which is aimed at protecting the product and connected equipment against voltage surges of the type generated by lightning.
139 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
Rail-Split extreme is our top-of-the-range DIN rail splitter. It is an upgraded version of Rail-Split RDM II that is optimised for harsh conditions and use in electrically noisy environments.
Both products feature electrocution protection (self-healing) on the input, loop and all outputs (up to 425 VAC continuous connection).
Additionally, Rail-Split extreme provides surge protection. This feature is aimed at protecting the product and connected equipment against voltage surges of the type generated by lightning. The protection is sacrificial which means that after a certain number of protection events, the protection circuitry will be destroyed.
It is DIN Rail mounted for ease of installation. All connections are via screw terminals. DMX loop through and termination options are provided.
Rail-Split extreme supports the RDM (Remote Device Management) Standard. RDM allows bidirectional communication over the DMX cable.
Rail-Split extreme is powered from a 9 to 48 VDC power source. We recommend the PSU-9-1.5-FER - see PSU.
Rail-Split extreme provides a switch to select between operation as a bidirectional DMX/RDM splitter and fix mode. In fix mode, the product discards all RDM and other specialist data packets. It also adjusts the DMX timing to values that are likely to be acceptable to fixtures that do not fully comply with the DMX standard. The list below shows the fix mode features.
- Automatic timing correction for DMX512.
- Accepts breaks from 56µS to 1000µS
- Accepts MaB from 5µS to 1000µS
- Accepts MbB from 0µS to 1000µS
- Accepts channel count from 1-512
- Accepts refresh from 23mS to 1000mS
- Filters out consecutive breaks
- Re-times bytes with 1 stop bit to 2 stop bits
- Generates DMX with fixed timing parameters: Refresh = 33Hz, Brk=250µS, MaB=30µS, P=30mS, C=512, MbB=30µS
- Filters out all Non-Zero Start Codes
- Mains electrocution protection (self-healing)
- Surge protection (sacrificial)
- Optically isolated DMX512 input
- Front panel power and data indication
- Six buffered outputs
- Bidirectional data ports
- Jabber Detection
- Fix Mode
- DIN Rail mounting
- Compatible with DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A
- Protocols: RDM Standard V1.0 (E1.20 - 2010 ESTA Standard)
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 8W
- Input Voltage: 9 to 48VDC
- Width: 88 mm
- Height: 90 mm
- Depth: 62 mm
- Net Mass: 0.20 kg
- Connection: Screw terminal
- Electrocution protection: Input, Loop and all outputs protected against continuous connection to 425 VAC (self-healing)
- Surge protection (Input, Loop and all outputs): Max IDC 30,000A (8/20µS) sacrificial (1 operation)
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK