Rail-Split RDM II
1 in to 6 out DMX512 splitter with support for RDM and a fix mode which filters non-standard data and fixes timing errors. Isolated input. DIN rail enclosure with screw terminal connectors.
94 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
Rail-Split™ RDM II is a high specification, low cost DMX512/RDM splitter and fixer designed for permanent installations. (If you don’t need RDM, see the sister product Rail-Split DMX).
Rail-Split RDM II is DIN Rail mounted for ease of installation. All connections are via screw terminals. DMX loop through and termination options are provided.
The product offers high levels of electrical protection. It can survive mains electrocution of up to 425 VAC continuous connection on the input, loop and outputs. If you additionally require sacrificial surge protection, please see the sister product, Rail-Split extreme.
Rail-Split RDM II supports the RDM (Remote Device Management) Standard. RDM allows bidirectional communication over the DMX cable.
Rail-Split RDM II is powered from a 9 to 48 VDC power source. We recommend the PSU-9-1.5-FER – see PSU.
Rail-Split RDM II provides a switch to select between operation as a bidirectional DMX/RDM splitter and fix mode. In fix mode, the product discards all RDM and other specialist data packets. It also adjusts the DMX timing to values that are likely to be acceptable to fixtures that do not fully comply with the DMX standard. The list below shows the fix mode features.
- Automatic timing correction for DMX512
- Accepts breaks from 56µS to 1000µS
- Accepts MaB from 5µS to 1000µS
- Accepts MbB from 0µS to 1000µS
- Accepts channel count from 1-512
- Accepts refresh from 23mS to 1000mS
- Filters out consecutive breaks
- Re-times bytes with 1 stop bit to 2 stop bits
- Generates DMX with fixed timing parameters: Refresh = 33Hz, Brk=250µS, MaB=30µS, P=30mS, C=512, MbB=30µS
- Filters out all Non-Zero Start Codes
- Mains electrocution protection
- Optically isolated DMX512 input
- Front panel power and data indication
- Six buffered outputs
- Bidirectional data ports
- Jabber Detection
- Fix Mode
- DIN Rail mounting
- Compatible with DMX512, DMX512 (1990), DMX512-A
- Protocols: RDM Standard V1.0 (E1.20 – 2010 ESTA Standard)
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Power: 8 W
- Input Voltage: 9 to 48 VDC
- Width: 88 mm (5M)
- Height: 90 mm
- Depth: 62 mm
- Net Mass: 0.20 kg
- Connection: Screw terminal
- +15kV ESD DMX Input & Output Protection
- Electrocution protection: Input, Loop and all outputs protected against continuous connection to 425 VAC (self-healing)
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK
- User Guide
- Application Notes
- Certificate of Origin
- Declaration of Conformity
- CAD file (dwg)
- CAD file (dxf)
- Rail-Split RDM II Visio drawing file