DIN Rail mount DMX controlled 6 channel mains relay.
92 in stock (if you require more, please contact us for a lead time).
Rail-Switch™ II provides six mains voltage relays that can be switched independently. It is housed in a high impact DIN Rail mounting case.
The control interface uses DMX512 and RDM (Remote Device Management). The RDM interface enables product configuration, including the ability to set the start address of each relay independently (see our Jump-Start hand-held programmer). RDM also allows the product to receive firmware upgrades and run diagnostics tests.
Rail-Switch II offers a pre-set mode that enables it to run stored programmes without an active DMX controller. Other features include data loss mode (which determines what Rail-Switch II should do in the event of loss of the DMX signal) and test mode, which is particularly useful during commissioning.
Rail-Switch II uses electromechanical relays that are rated for 8 A at 240 VAC when switching non-inductive loads. The product can be used to drive inductive loads, or those with high inrush currents, so long as external surge protection is added. These devices stop the contacts from being damaged by arcing. Our product, Switch-Filter, is an external PTC filter suitable for this purpose. The user must also ensure that external circuit protection such as circuit breakers or fuses are connected in compliance with the local wiring regulations.
Rail-Switch II is an elegant solution to the automation of various devices in theatre, touring and architectural markets. Applications include animatronics, fog machines, theatre practicals, cue lights and video remote control.
The product requires an external power source. We recommend the PSU-9-1.5-FER - see PSU.
- Six mains relays
- DMX512 & RDM
- LED indication for data, power and relays
- Simulated RDM sub-devices for individual relay start address programming including overlapping addresses
- Preset mode eliminates need for DMX controller
- Programmable data loss modes can hold last state or playback preset in the event of data loss
- Eight presets can be recorded and played. Preset playback continues across power cycles, allowing the product to be used without DMX512
- DIN rail or surface mount
- Input Voltage: 9-24 VDC
- Power: 10W
- Duty Cycle: 100%
- Input Protocols: DMX512, DMX512(1990), DMX512-A, RDM V1.0 (E1.20 - 2006 ESTA Standard)
- Input ESD protection: 12 kV
- Input voltage protection:+/- 80 V
- Relay maximum switching voltage: 250 VAC
- Relay maximum peak current: 8A
- Relay rated load (AC1 non-inductive): 2,000VA
- Relay rated load (AC15 inductive): 500VA
- Relay rated load (Single phase motor): 0.37KW
- Relay style: volt-free
- Relay type: changeover
- Relay isolation: 1 kV between contacts
- Relay minimum load: 500mW
- Listing: CE FCC
- IP Rating: Indoor use
- Dimensions: 90mm (h) x 88mm (w) x 62mm (d)
- Net Mass: 0.20 kg
- Manufacturer: Artistic Licence
- Country of Manufacture: UK