I can’t find my gateway:
1) Check that you have the IP on your laptop setup correctly. It should be 126.96.36.199 and subnet 255.0.0.0
See: 0110 Art-Net Setting an IP address on Windows XP
2) You should be running DMX-Workshop as administrator.
See: 0801 Misc – Using Windows XP Compatibility Mode
3) To find out the IP address of your product, see FAQ Art-Net: Finding the IP Address of a product
This application note provides information on how to set the IP address of a Windows PC.
Our gateway products, which include artLynx duo, artLynx quad, artLynx RJ45, netLynx quad and dataLynx II all have a factory reset switch. To reset to factory defaults, hold down the switch and cycle the power. Once you have reset to the factory default, the IP address will change. See Art-Net: Finding the IP Address of a product
The IP address of legacy Artistic Licence network products can be reset to factory default using the front panel controls as described below:
|Product||IP Reset Procedure|
|Multichrome E1 & E2||A|
A: Set Sub-Net wheel and both Universe wheels to F, power off, power on.
B: Set Sub-Net wheel to 9, power off, power on, power off, set Sub-Net wheel to F, power on.
There are three methods for finding the IP address of an Art-Net product:
- Connect using DMX-Workshop, this will display the product in a network list along with its IP address. DMX-Workshop can be downloaded from here.
- Ping: Open a command line window and use the ping command. If the products are on the normal Art-Net address range, type: “ping 188.8.131.52”. This approach is best on a Mac as Macs do not support net-bios.
- Perform a net-bios search (Windows only). To do this, connect the product to your laptop’s network, open browser and type in the net-bios name of the product you are using (see below). Occasionally the net-bios cache in the browser gets out of date. To flush the cache and restart, type the following in the browser window: nbtstat -R
Current Products (product code – net-bios name)
- oemGate quad – oemGatequad
- rackLynx octo – rackLynx
- daliGate quad – daliGatequad
- netLynx quad – netLynxquad
- dataLynx II – dataLynxII
- artLynx duo – artLynxduo
- artLynx quad – artLynxquad
- artLynx RJ45 – artLynxRJ45
- versaSplit EthB – VersaEtherB
Legacy Products (product code – net-bios name)
- Data-Lynx O/P – DATALYNXOP
- Data-Lynx I/P – DATALYNXIP
- Data-Lynx I/OP – DATALYNXIO
- Down-Lynx – DownLynx
- Up-Lynx – UpLynx
- Net-Lynx O/P – NetLynxOp
- Net-Lynx I/P – NetLynxIp
- Cata-Lynx I/P – CataLynxIp
- Cata-Lynx O/P – CataLynxOp
- Ether-Lynx II – EtherLynxII
- Art-Lynx O/P – ArtLynxOp
- Art-Lynx I/P – ArtLynxIp
- Art-Pipe – ArtPipe
- Art-Relay – ArtRelay
- Multichrome E2 – E2MultiChrome
- Eaton / Cooper Controls EN2RDM – EN2RDM
- Eaton / Cooper Controls EN8RDM – EN8RDM
- Thorn SensaDMX – SENSAEDMX
- Lex Products LexNet – LEXNET