From time to time, new firmware is released for Jump-Start. The latest version can be downloaded here. It is not necessary to return Jump-Start for upgrade – it can be done in the field. This is achieved by connecting Jump-Start to an Artistic Licence Art-Net node such as artLynx. DMX-Workshop can then be used for the upgrade.
Please follow the following procedure:
- Ensure Jump-Start is set to ‘RDM Standard’ and not ‘DRAFT’. This can be found in the setup menu.
- Put the Jump-Start in firmware upload mode. This is done by pressing the left and right arrow keys at the same time.
- The right-side LED will light to confirm upload mode is active.
- Connect the Jump-Start to the Art-Net node.
- Download the latest firmware (see link above) and copy file to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Artistic Licence\DMX-Workshop\Firmware.
- Select the network list in DMX-Workshop and wait for Jump-Start to be discovered as a node.
- Upload the firmware to the Jump-Start by right-clicking in RDM information area and following the options to upload firmware.