Electronics Engineer / Electronic Assembly Engineer
Artistic Licence is a market leader in the design, development and manufacture of intelligent lighting control for the architectural/entertainment/commercial lighting industry, and we are a major supplier of OEM solutions worldwide. In addition, our Integration department provides bespoke lighting solutions for many prestigious venues and projects.
From our stylish new offices and workshop in Bovey Tracey, we strive to cultivate a supportive and creative environment following our relocation from London to Devon. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Engineering Team.
Detailed Job Description
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Electrical and Electronic engineering and at least five years’ experience working within the electronics manufacturing industry. The ability to work independently as well as working closely with others in a small team is essential.
Core competencies to include the following:
- Manual soldering on fine pitch surface mount devices and through-hole wiring assemblies to IPC-A-610 standard
- Ability to read and understand digital circuit diagrams
- Ability to carry out SMD rework on high pin count, ultrafine pitch components
- Testing and fault finding to component level on digital and analogue circuits
- Good understanding of component level programming of PIC Microcontrollers
- Experience with electronics production, assembly and ECR/ECO change note control
- Experience with QA inspection and dealing with OEM suppliers
- Working knowledge of stock control principals
- Electronics component purchasing experience
- Customer repairs / Service Desk experience
Additional Skills / Development
- An aptitude for (or enthusiasm for learning) the process of PCB design. In particular, using the Altium package for designing new schematics for products and updating existing schematics to fix issues or to add functionality. The use of Spice for proof-of-concept simulations. Creating BOMs, sourcing and analysing new and replacement components for prototypes and products.
- Knowledge of – or interest in learning about – digital lighting protocols, with particular emphasis on DMX512, RDM, Art-Net and DALI.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office, with particular emphasis on Excel and Access.
A flexible approach to helping out is essential in a small team. The successful applicant will be comfortable with assisting on occasional trade shows – primarily the build and breakdown of the stand, but possibly also attendance at the event itself, meeting some of our customers.
All candidates must have a full, clean driving licence and be eligible to work within the UK.
The working week is 40-hours, Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm.
Employees are eligible to receive 28 days paid leave per annum which shall accrue on a pro rata basis for each month of service and includes the UK recognised bank and public holidays.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with good scope for career progression.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org